Pages

Sunday 28 April 2013

Miss Monochrome!


For this outfit, I just took a plain black skirt, white t-shirt and boots combo, but styled it out in my own way!  I live in Scotland and its freezing most of the time, so if its cold where you live like it is with me, I'd recommend adding some black tights or leggings, and maybe a little black leather jacket! This is also a great way to try out the monochrome trend if you're not too into all the patterns that are going about, or want to try it with things you already have in your wardrobe.


I started off with a plain loose white t-shirt from Republic - I actually picked up this one in a UK size 12 instead of my usual UK 8, because I love baggier t-shirts and this one was actually for last summer, so made a great beach cover-up, and didn't stick in hot weather!  Its actually made of a burn-out effect  cotton material, so is slightly see-through, so I'm wearing a grey t-shirt underneath it, but it also looks great with other bright coloured or neon tops underneath.  I also tucked it into the skirt at the front so the look is still casual, but this also draws attention to your waist so you don't look your shape, whilst also having a slimming effect.


I absolutely love these boots - I got them probably about three years ago for my birthday from Next, and I think they were around £60-70 - if they weren't a present I probably wouldn't have got them!  They were definitely worth it because I wear them all the time and they only look better with age, since they're a little distressed now!


I recently rediscovered this skirt lurking in the back of my wardrobe, I got it years ago - its totally gorgeous, it has a black underlayer and the top layer is this awesome sheer black gauzy material edged with ribbon, with black beaded details that look a little like flowers or star-bursts.  I love it because its actually pleated, but not in that boxy way, just so that the skirt has lots of volume and looks beautifully floaty.  This skirt is fantastically girly but because its black it is very versatile and can be made to look edgier with items such as the boots I'm wearing here.


With a black and white outfit, I love to have something bright on my nails, so here I used this bright bubble-gum pink from LA Colours, in the shade NP247 Summertime, and its one of their Color Craze nail polishes - I love these since they're really inexpensive, but still work the same - even better - than some highstreet nail polishes.  The bracelet I'm wearing was a gift, and I love how the glittery black beads tie in with the skirt.  My ring is from a shop in Edinburgh called Joe, where they have loads of really well-priced, unique jewellery - I think this ring was about £2, maybe even less, and I think the design on it is fabulous, and I love the fact that its so big - you hardly need any other jewellery!


I hope that you enjoyed this post, please share it with others, and comment if you'd like to see more!  Thank you for reading, have a fanfrickintabulous day!  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment